Re: toolbars

> Can someone please explain something for me?  I look at the toolbars in
> GNOME and they drive me crazy.  They take up way too much space.  If you

What really really BUGS me is that GNOME has options to change all this.

It's in the control center, User Interface -> Applications.

Ok, the options don't bug me, but Apps don't follw this.

I have turned off borders for buttons, toolbars and menus. I also have
turned off text for toolbars.

Some apps (lie gedit) follow these and others (evolution ignores the
text labels option, some apps ignore the buttons options) dont't

This results in wasted space, and a disjointed mismatched set of apps.

Yeah, it bugs me.  Why give the user achoice then ignore it.  This is
really bad in Evolution as it comes from Helixcode.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss