Re: Mouse Bindings with gnome

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 06:11:48PM -0500, Timothy H. Keitt wrote:

> FAQ or not, its really annoying that sawfish (as packaged by Helix gnome
> for debian) clobbers the emacs META key by default...

That's been fixed.  As of sawfish-0.34 or thereabouts, most of the
default keybindings use the newly-introduced W- modifier.  W- is a
"virtual modifier key" that can be readily remapped from Meta to
whatever suits your needs.  I've bound my windows keys to Hyper, and
use that for all my sawfish key bindings.

-- John Kodis.