Re: gnome-vfs and password protected files

on 8/31/00 10:20 AM, Dietmar Maurer at dietmar@maurer-it.com wrote:

> Does gnome-vfs supports that feature? I need this to support
> encryption in the libvefs module.

No. This is a major limitation in the gnome-vfs API, and it's not easy to
fix it while keeping things simple. The password support for things like the
ftp module works only with passwords embedded in the URL, which is
unacceptable for the long term.

Perhaps you should take this discussion over to the gnome-vfs mailing list
(gnome-vfs@helixcode.com) and talk it over with the maintainers and other
contributors. I know many of them will miss a discussion here in gnome-list.

    -- Darin