Re: XScreenSaver daemon

On 08/25/00 10:33:20 -0400, "Paul D. Smith" <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com>
wrote:
+-----
|    sr> This is happening while I am logged in as user root. I do not get
|
| Make sure your $DISPLAY variable is set to "0.0" (note ".") not "0:0".
+--->8

I suspect the correct answer is "xscreensaver refuses to run as root; hack
the source if you absolutely insist on opening a security hole by running
it as root".  (and jwz is unlikely to be swayed by anything like the recent
whining about gmc doing the same thing.)

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery@ece.cmu.edu