RE: Cannot compile gtk-engines-0.10

On 23-Aug-00 Sebastian Vieira Uribe wrote:
> I removed any previous version of imlib (with rpm -e -nodeps imlib) and
> compiled an installed imlib 1.9.8.1
>
> if i manually run imlib-config --version i get 1.9.8.1 and
> /usr/local/lib is in my /etc/ld/so.conf file...
>
> What is happening and what can i do??

        I'm not sure what's happening, but I recommend you check
config.log to see why the test program failed to compile. Usually,
this happens because the configure script can't find the library,
but sometimes it's for other reasons. Look for a line similar to:

configure:123: checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.8

        Here, "123" is the script line number, which could be
anything. Underneath this, you should see some explanation.

--
Craig Orsinger                <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>
Logicon Advanced Technology

"'Eureka'. It's Greek for 'This bath's too hot'."   - The Doctor