Re: rpms probles

On 21-Aug-00 Gary Shears wrote:
> And is a required intermediary for upgrading to rpm v.4. Unfortunately, I
> didn't see the Redhat announcement before Helix came out with v4, and now I
> can't do --rebuilddb.
>
> Does anyone know the risks of 'rpm -uvF rpm.305' over
> version 4 (emphasis on the 'F')? Rpm is one thing I can't afford to have
> break.
> I posted to linux.redhat.rpm and got no response.

        I went through a similar experience with the Rawhide
version of RPM 4. I installed the RawH version over, I believe
rpm 3.0.3, and tried to do a --rebuilddb. It failed eventually,
so I rewrote the old version. In my case, it worked, but I'd
recommend backing up your system before you try it.

--
Craig Orsinger                <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>
Logicon Advanced Technology

"'Eureka'. It's Greek for 'This bath's too hot'."   - The Doctor