Re: rpms probles

Since we're already talking about rpm's . . .

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 12:44:26AM +0100, Mike wrote:
> > Ths is very off-topic but I have had a frustrating time downloading rpms
> > only to find that they won't install with rpm 3
> >
> > Any one got any idea whether it is possible to install rpm 4 on a rh6.1
> > system
>
>   upgrade to rpm-3.05 it has support for the RPMv4 format and is a
> recommended upgrade from redhat.

And is a required intermediary for upgrading to rpm v.4. Unfortunately, I
didn't see the Redhat announcement before Helix came out with v4, and now I
can't do --rebuilddb.

Does anyone know the risks of 'rpm -uvF rpm.305' over
version 4 (emphasis on the 'F')? Rpm is one thing I can't afford to have break.
I posted to linux.redhat.rpm and got no response.

Thanks for your patience for a severely off-topic post.
Gary