Re: Off topic development environment question...

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 02:28:18PM -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Last I checked, gcc doesn't really support namespaces, and it handles templates in
> a much different way than VC6.0 ++.  It's rather a pain to use templates in gcc,
> but its better than it was.  egcs should be even better, but I have some issues
> with egcs bugs, so I stick with gcc.
> Sean Middleditch

This info is way out of date. Egcs is now gcc, and gcc 2.95.2 supports
namespace and templates (some say better than MSVC 6).

--
Li-Cheng Tai (Andy Tai)                       e-mail: atai@atai.org

Free Software:  the software by the people, of the people and for the people.
Develop! Share! Enhance! Enjoy!