Re: Mouse trails left on desktop?

On 19-Aug-00 Jacob "Ulysses" Berkman wrote:
> Tim Lu <timlu@MIT.EDU> writes:
>
>> I am using GNOME 1.2 on my Linux box.  For some reason, when I drag my
>> mouse with the left mouse button down inside GNOME on X to create a
>> selection box, the outline of the box doesn't erase itself if you move
>> your mouse around to change the selection box.  Therefore, it leaves a
>> trail of "old" selection boxes on the screen.  Could anyone tell me
>> how to solve this?  I am using the Enlightenment windowmanager.
>> Thanks so much in advance.
>
> I think this is a bug in the X server.  We've had this on some of our
> Voodoo3 boxes, but no others.

        IIRC, there's also a setting in Enlightenment that can
cause this behavior. The way you can tell is if the old boxes
never disappear, it's not Enlightenment's fault, and it's probably
something to do with the X server.

        If they do disappear eventually, check your settings
via the Control Center/Window Manager/Enlightenment Configuration
button. I believe this setting is under "Special Effects" in
the Enlightenment configuration screen. There are a variety of
settings that control how windows look when they're being moved.

--
Craig Orsinger                <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>
Logicon Advanced Technology

"'Eureka'. It's Greek for 'This bath's too hot'."   - The Doctor