Sound Problems....

Could someone please help me. I have no idea if this is Gnome Related, or
Redhat related, but the problem is as follows..

Some of the users on this PC have no access to the Soundcard. When I enable
Gnome sound scheme, nothing happens....

For root and for my own login, everything works great. Gnome sounds and all.
However when I try it again logged in as another user, for instance with XMMS,
I get a warning saying something like "Error: Chack to see if your Soudcard is
configured properly. Or check that you have the right plugin, or make sure the
soudcard isn't being used by someone else!"

I had this problem a while ago, and resolved it by re-running "sndconfig",
which fixed it, however now there is no change :-(

I am running gnome 1.0.55-12 with Redhat 6.2

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Ralph Slooten