Re: Sound Problems....

Ralph Slooten wrote:

> Could someone please help me. I have no idea if this is Gnome Related, or
> Redhat related, but the problem is as follows..
>
> Some of the users on this PC have no access to the Soundcard. When I enable
> Gnome sound scheme, nothing happens....
>
> For root and for my own login, everything works great.

A permission problem ? If you install as user X :
- root has always all the permissions
- and the permissions on the new files depends on his umask ( try the
command 'umask'

I suppose some permissions are missing for other people.
Personnally my first action would be to search the files affected by
sndconfig

Gnome sounds and all.