Re: How to suppress the annoying warning message for gmc??

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 07:53:37PM -0700 or thereabouts, Loban Rahman wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 07:29:20PM +1000, Darryl wrote:
> > > I'm new here and would like to ask if anybody knows how to prevent the
> > > GNOME File Manager from prompting the warning message at startup when
> > > you login as root??
> >
> > Failing taking the line out of the source yourself ........ No there isnt
> > apart from not logging in as root, i dont think it is gnome itself but the
> > mc for gnome.
>
> Isn't this in the FAQ? If not, it definitely should be.

It is, yes. And it says you can't unless you know how to hack around
with the source and recompile. (I went looking for the relevant bit
and it's not actually very hard to find.)

However, did anyone notice the RH beta? That had a "show this warning
next time?" checkbox on the warning...

Telsa