Re: Multiheaded Gnome ?

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Joseph Mocker wrote:

> I've been playing around with HelixCode Gnome on Sparc
> for a while. It works great on a single headed machine,
> but now I'm trying to make it work on a multiheaded
> workstation, with mediocre success.
>
> I have been searching everywhere to find information
> on how this might be done, but haven't come up with
> much.
>
> I have been able to get a second sawfish to control the
> second head ok (although it seems to come up with some
> default menu, which isn't the same as the the first sawfish).
>
> The panel is a different story. I cannot make a second
> panel run as startup. If I run it by hand, it does come up
> on the second head. But whatever configuration changes
> I make effect the first panel too (when I restart).
>
> The Desk Guide complains that "You are not running a
> GNOME Compliant Window Manager. GNOME support by the
> window manager is strongly recommented for proper Desk Guide
> operation"
>
> Hmm, could this be related to the other sawfish problem?
> Do I need to tell sawfish to load some gnome extensions
> or something ?

You have to load the GNOME support in sawfish manually. I put
the following lines in my ~/.sawmillrc:

(require 'sawmill-defaults)
(require 'gnome-int)
(require 'gnome-commands)
(require 'gnome-match)

After a restart of sawfish, the DeskGuide was working properly. I tried
this some months ago (I'm now running enlightenment, after I expanded my
memory... ). I don't know if the .sawmillrc filename changed to .sawfishrc
after the sawmill name change.

	Kris