Multiheaded Gnome ?

I've been playing around with HelixCode Gnome on Sparc
for a while. It works great on a single headed machine,
but now I'm trying to make it work on a multiheaded
workstation, with mediocre success.

I have been searching everywhere to find information
on how this might be done, but haven't come up with
much.

I have been able to get a second sawfish to control the
second head ok (although it seems to come up with some
default menu, which isn't the same as the the first sawfish).

The panel is a different story. I cannot make a second
panel run as startup. If I run it by hand, it does come up
on the second head. But whatever configuration changes
I make effect the first panel too (when I restart).

The Desk Guide complains that "You are not running a
GNOME Compliant Window Manager. GNOME support by the
window manager is strongly recommented for proper Desk Guide
operation"

Hmm, could this be related to the other sawfish problem?
Do I need to tell sawfish to load some gnome extensions
or something ?

  --joe