Re: Two answers...

%% Albert Schueller <schuelaw@whitman.edu> writes:

  >> > 2) How do I cause the "maximize" button on a window (second button from
  >> > the right on windows in the default Helix distro) to maximize vertically
  >> > only?
  >>
  >> Click it with the middle button.

  as> Great.  I don't think I'd have discovered that one on my own.

You don't say what window manager you're using, but note that sawfish,
at least, has tooltips that pop up and tell you what each mouse button
does if you leave the mouse still over a window button.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>         Network Management Development