Re: Two answers...

I think in sawfish the button bindings are seperate from the themes. If you
look at the Shortcuts section of sawfish you can see (and change) the bindings
for the maximize button, as well as the minimize, close, and menu buttons. I
don't suppose a theme can override that. The shortcuts are cool, though. You
can make your window manager react in all sorts of weird ways to your buttons
and keypresses.

Mark