Re: Two questions...

Hi Albert:

 The first question is easy:

> 1) How do you start an application automatically upon starting gnome?
> (e.g. a calendar program, in my case ical)
1)Open the Gnome Control Center, it's icon looks like a carpenters
carryall, it should be on the panel at the bottom of the screen. If not get
it from the menu with the foot.

2) Then go to Session->Startup Programs and click on add to insert the
program. The next time you log in it should startup automatically.

> 2) How do I cause the "maximize" button on a window (second button from
> the right on windows in the default Helix distro) to maximize vertically
> only?
Right click on the top bar of the window in question and select
Maximize->Vertically. It has to be the top bar of the window, where the
icons _ and x are. Just right click in the middle of that bar.

Jonathan