Re: Compiling gnome on Solaris 2.7

Jan Houtsma wrote:

> You will see that a lot more often also later on.
> What u need to do is edit the generated makefiles
> and add -ldb to the corresponding flags.

I've added this switch everywhere I can think of and still nothing...

> You also have to make sure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and/or
> compiler -L switch points to the corresponding dir where the libdb.so
> can be found.

I'm already doing both of these.  This is getting very frustrating.  I
think I'm going to have to get hold of the binaries from the Helix
website.  Does anyone know if you can bypass the installer for Solaris
2.7 on the Helix site?  I don't have root, so I want to install this in
a branch of home directory.  To do so, I need to download the binaries
without having them installed automatically.

> Its a crime! I am doing the same here! :-(

Let me know if you have better luck than I do.

Aaron

--
Aaron J. Ginn                     Motorola SPS
Phone: (480) 814-4463             SemiCustom Solutions