Compiling gnome on Solaris 2.7

I'm attempting to compile gnome on solaris 2.7.  When I attempt to build
the makefile for gnome-libs I get the following error message:

checking for dbopen... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb... no
checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no
configure: error: Your db library is missing db 1.85 compatibility mode

I don't see any hints on how to get around this.  Has anyone here
compiled gnome on solaris and knows the workaround for this?

Thanks,
Aaron Ginn

--
Aaron J. Ginn                     Motorola SPS
Phone: (480) 814-4463             SemiCustom Solutions