Re: Running Gnome / helixcode in greater than 8bpp

"Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero" wrote:

> famrom@idecnet.com (2000-08-09 at 0037.13 +0200):
> > You can also change the place where X starts (/etc/inittab ?) so it
> > runs "X -bpp 32" instead of plain "X".
>
> Stupid me, after posting I realized that running X from /etc/inittab
> is for another thing (like remote X to a gdm server machine).

:) I thought so ..  I wonder how something like vnc would react to gdm
and such ...

I'm r'ingtfm btw - we'll see what happens.  I like solving issues like
this on my own, but its good to get insite from you guys every now and
then ...

_Thomas
webmaster@860.org