Re: Using GNOME code in KDE2
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com>
- To: Derek Fountain <fountai hursley ibm com>
- Cc: GNOME list <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Using GNOME code in KDE2
- Date: 05 Aug 2000 11:05:20 -0400
> Is this true? Will I be prevented from releasing any code which is
> used in KDE if it contains GNOME code? I'm talking about KDE2 here,
> with Qt2 (which I presume is where the sticky point is).
That is correct. The problem is that the QPL is incompatible with the
GPL license, and using GNOME code which is licensed under the GPL with
the QPL would break your license.
] [Thread Prev