Re: gfloppy: Could not determine current format type

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 01:42:34PM +0200 or thereabouts, Toralf Lund wrote:
> > > Why do I get this error message? Surely, this information is not needed
> > > to format a floppy from scratch (I'm _not_ using "Quick format").
> >
> > You are asking (-q query) to the RPM database (rpm command) which
> > package owns the program (f file) /usr/bin/gfloppy....

> I may be stupid, but I'm not THAT stupid. Of course I'm invoking gfloppy,
> which gives me the error message indicated in the _subject_ of my message.
> I merely included the rpm command to indicate what version I have installed.
> Was it really that hard to understand?

Yes.

I have learned the hard way that putting information in the subject
line doesn't work: you have to put it in the message body as well for
everyone to see it.

When I read your original message, I thought, "what's he asking,
exactly?", and had to scroll back up the message to find the subject
line just in case. And there was the error message in question.

Note to everyone else: not everyone sees the subject line and the
message text at the same time, and lots of people are not going to
scroll back and re-check the subject in case something is there
instead :)

Telsa