Re: gfloppy: Could not determine current format type

toralf@kscanners.com (2000-08-03 at 1708.47 +0200):
> Why do I get this error message? Surely, this information is not needed
> to format a floppy from scratch (I'm _not_ using "Quick format").
> --
> [indonesia:~] (0)% rpm -qf /usr/bin/gfloppy
> gnome-utils-1.2.0-0_helix_1
> --

You are asking (-q query) to the RPM database (rpm command) which
package owns the program (f file) /usr/bin/gfloppy. And it correctly
says that gnome-utils-1.2.0-0_helix_1. There is nothing wrong. :]
Maybe you need hollidays. ;P

If you invoke gfloppy and click in the widgets you will format the
floppy without problems. If you want to format a floppy without
graphical interface, then use mkfs.msdos (or any other of the mkfs
family, like mkfs.ext2). IIRC it is also named mkdosfs (all this based
in a RH system). gfloppy also has a --device= parameter, but I never
tested it... well, I never use gfloppy.

GSR