Re:panel complaints

Hugo Gayosso a écrit :

   > no  "property", but only "global properties". I think there could
be a

   You will see several menu, and even an option, called: "all
   properties..."

Ok, I read more carefully the help about the panels, it is my fault,
this is the menu panel that is not configureable.
Telsa was right.
Err, I have a french version of gnome, and I translate the menu and
labels, so don't take what I say too literally (global instead of all
here :-/)
It is a little strange (although no problem for me) that this panel
isn't configurable in a world where you can do almost everything :).
Perhaps it would be less confusing if there was, at the same place of
"properties" for the other panel a "properties" label grayed or a label
grayed stating "no properties", for the lazy who don't want to look at
the manual.

   > And another thing is that saw (Mill/Fish) windows are on top of the

   > panels, masking them, and that's good most of the time, but I would
like
   > that when I click on the panel the panel  raises above the windows
that
   > are allready on it. (and even when the mouse pointer enters on it
?).
   > I think that it is a desirable feature (to be automatic or
   > configurable), but I can only speak for myself.

   Check the GNOME Control Center:

         Desktop -> Panel -> Miscellaneous

Well, the point is not here. I did that, and my panels are under the
windows, but I would like that the panels raise above the windows when
the mouse pointer enters a still unhidden part of the panel (or only
when I click on the panel).  Maybe it isn't possible ?

   > Last thing, there is a directory, which is called CurrentDirectory
in
   > the session file, that is the default directory for the
applications
   > launched from gnome, for example it is the directory where you
arrive
   > when you start a gnome terminal. I think this could be configured
from
   > the gnome config center.

   Control Center -> Startup Programs

I didn't found it. In this I only see

"show splash screen on login" (which isn't translated in french, and...
for me has no sense litteraly taken !) (I tried it and didn't see any
change...)
"Confirm end session" (translated)
"Automatically save session changes" (translated)

And a box with
"Startup programms without session handler"

At the bottom a button with "see the running programs..."
????

Pat