remote gnome session

Hi,

I have installed Redhat 6.2 with gnome.  Have
setup XF86Config to fit my video there and locally
it's working pretty well.  I'd like to be able to
let other users on the machine telnet in from
other unix work stations (actually NCDs) and start
up a gnome session remotely.  Is this
feasible/recommended?

I have tested this by telneting into my box, then
trying to startup gnome. If I do

exec gnome-session

Everything seems to come up fine, except my
windows have no top banners, cannot be moved.  The
windows manager is enlightenment.

I looked at the startx script, which I use locally
on the box and noticed that if I try to use this
remotely the display appears on the Red Hat box.
I changed display=:0 to display=$DISPLAY and tried
to use again and I get:

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errono
= 111
giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errorno 111): unable to
connect to X server
xinit:  No such process errno 3): Server error.

I've been led in lots of different directions with
this, but I'm finally just asking for help.  In
case it's not painfully obvious, I am new X
windows, windows managers, etc.  I'd really
appreciate recommendation for good reading to get
a better foundation.

Thanks
ck