Hello! / GDM root login ?

Hi there, GNOME list readers... :)
I'm new to the list and just wanted to say 'Hello' because hangin' around
here, reading and possibly posting messages... :))) Currently I'm using
GNOME 1.0.55 on a Stampede-Linux system (Kernel 2.3.99pre5) with the
Sawmill (-fish?) window manager and it's pretty fine.. :)

So, I'm also having a short question, at first: After I built all the
stuff on my box myself, everything works fine now with one exception: when
using the GDM and trying to log on as 'root', I get a 'root login
disallowed' error... Even switching the 'AllowRootLogin' in gdm.conf
doesn't change this.... Any ideas on that? :)

So, thanks in advance for your help, have a nice day. :)

Kristian Rink
kristian.rink@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de