Curious about GMC

I'm curious. On logging in and starting up gnome, my computer goes to
100% CPU usage for about 4 - 5 seconds while GMC is loading (I know this
because everything, panel and all, has already appeared and only gmc is
left to finish loading). After those seconds, the gmc icons appear on
the desktop and CPU usage goes back to normal.

I'm curious. What's GMC doing in those 5 seconds?

	= L

|   LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!   |
|  MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. Tel: 1-626-395-1407  |
|     loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |