Re: gnome-ppp

I'm using the rp3 and wvdial from redhat 6.2. I did a little research
into the problem using rp3's "Debug" feature and the wvdial mailing
list, and discovered that the problem is actually with wvdial. My ISP
has a terminal login, in which you enter a username, password, and then
"ppp" at a prompt. Wvdial gets the username and password right, but it
doesn't wait long enough for the prompt to appear and gives up (the
prompt can take up to 10 seconds to appear with my ISP, and wvdial
apparently only waits for 5).

Andrew