Re: gnome-ppp

> Basically, gnome-ppp is an abandoned project that was never finished. It
> doesn't work for a lot of people, especially people with newer distros.
> I've never gotten it to work, despite the suggestions of some people on
> this list about making certain files suid. Check out the GNOME mailing
> list archives on geocrawler.com, and search for gnome-ppp for the
> suggestions I'm referring to. If you have a newish Redhat or Mandrake
> distro, you could try rp3, which is a GNOME-based ppp dialer that _is_
> actually being maintained. It doesn't work for me either, but you might
> give it a try.
>
> Andrew

It used to work for me in Kuwait. It is a nifty tool - but usually only
works for people who know just what the hell they're doing. Also - the last
'released' version of it was in gnome-network 1.0.2 - I noticed that in CVS
gnome-network gnome-ppp is much more advanced (i.e. it has an integrated
panel applet).

Right now I use rp3. Its amazing and it worked out of the box.

> Bruno Lustosa wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm having some problems running gnome-ppp. Everytime I try to connect,
it
> > just says the pppd process died. I've looked at the docs, at the
website, and
> > even tried to trace the execution to try to mimic it on the commandline,
but
> > no success.
> > Is anyone here running it who could give me some help on (i think it is)
the