Re: starting applet

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 03:43:25PM -0500, bob@thestuff.net wrote:
> I just heard about an interesting kde2 feature that someone might want to
> implement in gnome. A while ago, there was a discussion here about trying
> to figure out a way for an app once started to notify the user that its
> actually starting up and not crashed. We can make a pannel applet that
> shows all the apps that are starting and havent shown themselves yet.
> Maybe make it look like "|Starting: X X X|" where each X is an animated
> icon for the app.

This sounds like a wish-list item for the gnome-taskbar, but also put in
ways to ^C and ^D the app before it starts( as stated by someone else in
response to your message )...

These all seem like things that would go into the taskbar applet.

I would love to see it implemented.

--Brian Sea
sea@umr.edu