Re: Gnome under Solaris 7

  >> Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) serial 763
  >> error_code 8 request_code 62 minor_code 0
  >>
  >> Anybody got any help for a Gnome-er who's getting really, really
  >> tired of CDE?

  Miguel> Yes, we have found this problem with multi-depth visuals.

  Miguel> You might want to force your X server into having a
  Miguel> DefaultVisual of 24bpp instead of 8bpp.

Unfortunately, I don't have root access to do this, and the Powers
that do, won't. I'll give the CVS stuff a go, or just hang until the
next release -- most things work, and it beats CDE or OpenWindows six
ways to Sunday.

Thanks,

john.

                 John S Jacobs Anderson jacobs@genehack.org
                  \* Genehack:  Not your daddy's weblog */
                   \*    <URL:http://genehack.org>     */