Re: Gnome under Solaris 7

> So, I'm trying to build Gnome, from source, as a non-root user, on Solaris
> 7. With help from <URL:http://www.clanger9.demon.co.uk/computer/gnome/>,
> I've managed to get everything to build. Unfortunately, not everything
> _works_. Many apps bomb out with messages along the lines of:
>
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   serial 763 error_code 8 request_code 62 minor_code 0
>
> Anybody got any help for a Gnome-er who's getting really, really tired of
> CDE?

Yes, we have found this problem with multi-depth visuals.

Various applications on CVS have been fixed.  gnome-core, gnome-libs
and gnome-games all contain patches to address one or more multi-depth
visual problems.

You might want to force your X server into having a DefaultVisual of
24bpp instead of 8bpp.

Until then, you can either use the CVS packages, or you can wait for
the released new packages.

Miguel.