Re: How to reinstall?

Ben,

If i am not mistaken Bing is using Sun and in there one can stop computer with
Stop+A, as i have used this option extensively in Solaris myself. I am not
really sure Bing why stop+A doesn't work for u now, did u ever made it to work
before?? reason this might just be a Solaris specific option...

I agree with Ben here if ur PC doesn't have a boot from CD option u'll have to
use the RedHat installation disk to boot and then be able to read from CD, just
like u have done before.

Later
On 15-Apr-2000 Ben FrantzDale wrote:

>> Dear All,
>>
>> I want to reinstall RedHat. However, the Stop+A doesn't work. How can I
> start
>> up the system with RedHat Installation CD so as to install RedHat?
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean by Stop+A but have you tried either just booting
> with the CD (if your system can boot off the CD) or booting with a RedHat
> boot disk?
>
> --Ben
>

> --

----------------------------------
Amar S. Bhatti
Associate Engineer                          |    In a World without Fences,
Controls Process Support                    |       Who needs GATES?
Electronics Integration and Software        |                     Linux Journal
GM Powertrain                               |       GNU/Linux Rules :-)
Brighton, MI                                |    Micro$oft Windows Sucks :-(
USA
       .^.
       /V\
      // \\
     /(   )\
     ^^^ ^^^
E-Mail: Amar S. Bhatti <lzxx4x@powertrain.mpg.gm.com>
DISCLAIMER:
        All what I said is my own point of view, not the one of my employer,
unless it is specifically said so.

This message was sent by XFMail