Re: laptop synchronization

On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 07:37:11AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Erik> Once in the dark past there was a gnome-program that was done
> Erik> for synchronization of differend files on two different
> Erik> computers with eachother.  I can't remember the name of the
> Erik> program right now but I remember that it didn't work at all back
> Erik> then! :)
> You might be remembering "gnome-sync", which I wrote.

That's correct.

> Erik> Today I can't even find it.  Is it dead?  Is there someone else
> Erik> working on something simular?  I would love to have such a
> Erik> utility.
> I don't have time to maintain it any more.  So, yes, it is dead :-(.
> I'd love to see someone resurrect it and update it to use VFS.

What's the status of it?  What works?

I have started writing something simular to xfiles (a java-program for
synchronizing two directory-trees).  But it will mostly be a small hack..
Maybe I should stop that and work with gnome-sync instead?  But I really
don't have time.

Erik Bågfors               | Center for Parallel Computers    |            |
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 70 398 54 43