Re: Proposal for application menu organization (Was Re: Helprequested:more .desktop files.)

I think that 'Games' should be changed to 'Entertainment'. My application is
a 'simulation' so its not really a game, even though it lies there.
Entertainment is soooo much more generic and will fit the bill for games :)

> I think that current menus are good, maybe not perfect, but good. Most of
> times I think that users do not read anything (manual, menus, icons), they
> are just lazzy (sorry, but last weeks of admin work has been "interesting"
> about this).
>
> >Audio -- (audio/video players/recorders/editors)
>
> Wrong name. Audio/Video is better.
>
> >Design -- (text/image/whatever you make editors)
>
> Video editors too? Video is just one image after another. You can design
> sounds too.
>
> [...]
> >You say, but there will be too much stuff in each folder, like Design!
> >Well, I have a Graphics subdirectory in my Design group, a Text Editors /
> >Office subdirectory, and add whatever seems necessary -- I think that
> >applications which followed this standard should each name a subdirectory
[...]
> Deep menus are not right. Levels should be minimum. And menus should only
> have the apps, not stupid things like the readme.txt in MS Windows.
Remember