panel problem

Using CVS gnome-core, when I set the panel to flush the buttons to the edge of the screen, then add a new aligned panel, then remove the hidebuttons, the panel dissapears entirely, because it's size becomes zero. While playing around I decided to set the flush buttons (or whatever it's called) to off, so that those panels would reappear... they did... it turned out that, over the course of sveral days of playing, I'd made something like 5 of these...

I first wondered about it when the panel was using 19% of my CPU (PII 366)

I'd think that gnome should delete such empty, or at least not allow them to have no contense and no hidebuttons.

--Ben