Configuring the pop-up

I feel rather stupid for asking something that ordinarily I would think I
would have no trouble finding on my own but here goes:

I have scanned the FAQ and the users guide and come up with almost nothing.

http://www.gnome.org/users-guide/deskmenus.html

The page above describes the menu I am asking about.

The problem is that I cannot find where or how I can modify this menu.

I am running RedHat 6.0, the newest Gnome and Enlightenment (newest)

Can someone help me learn where/how to modify this menu?