Re: ANNOUCE: gTrouble - New project [summary]

> If you like XML, you like SGML. XML is a subset of SGML. If you look

    Maybe and no. XML forces more structure than SGML. I suggest to use
the XML format instead of the SGML one since:
  - an SGML parser can parse XML, not the way around
  - XML enforce more structure on the document, hence ease the
    reusability
  - XML tools are numerous, usaully small, while SGML requires a more
    heavy environment
  - Doc in XML can be directly displayed in IE5 and Mozilla, if one
    provide a stylesheet. It's not the case for SGML

> at dtds for XML that are based on the equivalent for SGML (DocBook is
> one) you will see that they are practically the same except that the
> XML versions usually have less tags available.

  I suggest we investigate moving from DocBook/SGML to DocBook/XML,
even Eve Maler the original author of DocBook has now switched to
the XML version. I would be surprized we use some of the SGML only features
and if not I can try to check with the DocBook authors for reintegration
of those.

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel: +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux, WWW, rpmfind,