Re: ANNOUCE: gTrouble - New project [summary]

Dermot Musgrove <dermot@glade.perl.connectfree.co.uk> writes:

> > reiterate that sgml/xml are not subjects in which  I am knowlegable.
> > I picked sgml, 'cos that's what DocBook uses, and its familiar to me

> I find XML much more intuitive than any other language for docs. My
> simple mind can cope with the nesting/scoping when I have <tag></tag>
> pairs - perhaps HTML has got to me here. I have used the perldoc very
> superficially but I have been scared away from sgml, life is too short
> to struggle with documentation and I can understand why Gtk+ docs are
> still so sparse (no comment on the lovely toolkit)
> At least XML would not limit you in any way.

If you like XML, you like SGML. XML is a subset of SGML. If you look
at dtds for XML that are based on the equivalent for SGML (DocBook is
one) you will see that they are practically the same except that the
XML versions usually have less tags available.

Dave
--

          David Mason
        Red Hat AD Labs