Re: gdm2beta2 woes at halt/reboot (sometimes)

Hi,

Nils> I discovered a bug with the beta2 of gdm2. Ideally it would
Nils> halt/reboot the machine if the user selected the corresponding
Nils> menu entry from "System" and confirms. Sadly, sometimes it just
Nils> deletes the gdm window (and nothing else, xconsole e.g. stays in
Nils> place). I have to switch to a text console and either kill gdm
Nils> completely and issue tha halt command again or I'm just to lazy
Nils> and halt immediately :-)

Nils> Empiric studies lead to the conclusion that it only fails after
Nils> I logged in and (later) out. If gdm is "fresh" it works
Nils> flawlessly with regard to this. I presume it has some problems
Nils> issuing the shutdown command, but I don't really know.

I suspect this could be due to a bug in the gdmlogin termination
signal handler. Please try beta3.

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://SunSITE.auc.dk/~mkp/