X Windows and the Enlightenment problem

Hi

I got down Pan ti install it and was told that I'd have to upgrade my
Gnome-libs, fine off to find the new file and got one late enough out
of the Rawhide setup took the Core etc and depend files and installed
those.  Pan now can't find audiofile in /usr/bin/ld but I have audiofile
installed
from both my 6.0 RedHat and the update from RawHide, neither put
anything
audio in the /usr/bin or anywhere close, /usr/lib or /usr/loacl/lib is
the only place.

But my main worry now is the Graphic GUI will  not boot into life on
boot up
after the upgrade, to fix this I got down the Xfree86 files too and the
X11 cont;
I can start X from a prompt but not from boot up. the X screen starts
but no E

I'm temped to reinstall from the floppy up but figure I can't hurt must
asking
in here for some answers.

Cheers
Pete

PS

Is the RedHat-list still alive I didn't see a subscribe to at the Gnome
site only gtk
ones