Re: gnome-print and GnomeCanvas

Todd Wilson <twilson@csufresno.edu> writes:

> Have any of the people thinking about typesetting music looked into
> MusicTeX or MuTeX?  These are collections of TeX macros for doing high
> quality typesetting of music, and they are available in the CTAN
> archives.  Even if you don't find these packages to be anything like
> what you want, you might want to consider the possibility of providing
> a feature in your system that could output Mu(sic)TeX code, so that
> users of these systems (of which I am not one, BTW) could benefit from
> your GUI setup.

In the long run, yes, we've got vague plans to "export" to various
file formats, including MuTeX, mudela (the GNU LilyPond language), and
even MIDI.  But these typesetting programs are not "GUI-izable".  The
fundamental architecture of a LaTeX-like program is completely
different from one designed for real-time editing, so we're not going
to frustrate ourselves trying to overlay a GUI.