Re: gnome-print and GnomeCanvas

bsussman@inso.com (Ben Collins-Sussman) writes:

> In the long run, yes, we've got vague plans to "export" to various
> file formats, including MuTeX, mudela (the GNU LilyPond language), and
> even MIDI.  But these typesetting programs are not "GUI-izable".  The
> fundamental architecture of a LaTeX-like program is completely
> different from one designed for real-time editing, so we're not going
> to frustrate ourselves trying to overlay a GUI.

Are you aware of the "Rosegarden" program?  It's a music program for
typesetting music, imports and exports MIDI and can save in MusicTeX
format.  Last i heard the authors wanted to rewrite it with gtk+.

See "http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masjpf/rose.html" for more info.

                                 Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------