Re: [Fwd: Re: gdm2 logs me into a non-graphics session]

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Dan Hensley wrote:

> I can't help but wonder if the reason I can't log in as a normal user has
> something to do with permissions?  It acts as though it's trying (login prompt
> goes away, screen goes black, brief pause, then back out), but it can't get in.
> Is there a log file I can look at to see what's happening?

It uses syslog for most stuff - make sure to turn on debug messages in the
gdm.conf file, and also fix syslog.conf to log debug-level messages.

-- Elliot
Ortega munitions Albanian security colonel terrorist Honduras SEAL
Team 6 explosion Mossad supercomputer Marxist Rule Psix quiche nuclear