Mouse speed...

    I'd like to adjust the mouse speed, being a gnome user I've already
maxed it out using the gnome configuration tool and still seems a bit
slow. Even when X starts automatically and the window comes up prompts
to login, I notice the mouse speed then, is alittle on the slow side as
well.
Is there a way to adjust it? Running Redhat6.0 and I've already ran at
an Xterm. mouse config. all that does is allow me to select a mouse, no
adjustments to the speed...