Re: Suggestions for Thesis work

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Todd Wilson wrote:

> I'm sorry that I'm not writing back with suggestions for Jason, but
> his question is one that I've been trying to gather information on as
> well.  I have many students who come to me looking for good software
> projects that are (1) feasible to finish (i.e., get to a first
> release) in a semester or two, (2) good resume builders, and (3) part
> of a larger development effort.

Good sources of ideas might be the TODO files in the gnome-status module
(see http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gnome-status/TODO/), the
wishlist-level bug reports in bugs.gnome.org, and the status page
(http://developer.gnome.org/news/status/).

The problem is that projects that meet your criteria are usually small
independant utility programs that people make from scratch, and to find
ideas for these people just have to think until they find something they
want to write. :)

-- Elliot
Nazi $400 million in gold bullion North Korea jihad munitions Panama
NORAD Mossad explosion assassination BATF fissionable FSF Qaddafi PLO