Re: ORBit (the gtop saga continues)

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Derek Becker wrote:

> I rechecked my logs from the 'make's and the 'make install's and I think I
> have found a source of my problem, but I don't know how to solve it.
>
> I get the error listed below when trying to make ORBit-0.4.93.tar.gz.  Now
> the only reason I need ORBit is because it supports imlib, and I only need
> imlib because it supports gnome-libs which I need for gtop.
>
> Now the imlib install went flawlessly.  However the gnome-libs is giving me
> an error saying that it can't find imlib v.1.9 (I have the 1.9.4 version -
> which I can confirm from the command line).  The only flaw was with the
> ORBit install so I'm assuming that was the source of my problem (unless
> there is another dependancy other than glibs or gtk+ that I don't know
> about).
>
> You'll see that the error below relates to gcc, which I obviously have or I
> wouldn't have even made it this far into the install!

It's not gcc that is at fault, but one of the preceding commands that
didn't create the .lo files that gcc is looking for. Do you have a log of
the build a bit before the error occurs?

BTW, your dependency tree is incorrect - here corrected ones:

Package		Requires
audiofile
esound		audiofile
glib
ORBit		glib
gtk+		glib X11
imlib		gtk+ X11
gnome-libs	ORBit gtk+ imlib glib X11

-- Elliot
Nazi $400 million in gold bullion North Korea jihad munitions Panama
NORAD Mossad explosion assassination BATF fissionable FSF Qaddafi PLO