RE: newbie install (gtop/libgtop)

Thank you very much for the help already provided.  To answer the first
question I'm running Red Hat 6.0.

I have performed a "make distclean" in all the gnome directories (glib, gtk,
imlib, ORBit [libgtop and gtop can't execute this command obviously]).

I have downloaded gnome-libs.

I install the packages in the following order

glib
gtk
imlib
ORBit
gnome-libs

However, the gnome-libs can not find the /usr/bin/imlib-config file during
"sh ./configure"!

I have modified /etc/ld.so.conf to point to /usr/bin and made sure to run
ldconfig after every "make install" as per the installation suggestions.  I
have also made sure that /usr/bin and /usr/local are both in my
LD_LIBARARY_PATH.

I am fully able to run imlib-config from the command line.  Is there another
package I have yet to install?  The documentation would indicate otherwise,
but I'm not sure.

Thank you very much for your help.

Derek Becker
derekb@silversoft.net