Re: Are you really using gnome?

> I was asking my self some questions about gnome.
> If I run gnome/enlightenment,gmc,panel,etc I think I'm using gnome
> but what if I use windowmaker(or other window manager), don't have
> gmc,panel,gnome-core,etc  Am I still using gnome???

There is a subtle distinction between using Gnome and having a Gnome desktop.
I would say if you are running gmc, panel, and any Gnome compliant window
manager, then you're running a Gnome desktop.  OTOH, if you happen to be
running any application that uses any of the gnome libraries, you're running
Gnome.

This isn't an official take on things mind you, but it makes sense. :)

Jason.