Re: Suggestions for Thesis work

> I'm not sure about the criteria nor your background, but a suggestion

The criteria is that it must be "sufficiently academic."  Even if it isn't, I
must be able to present it as such.  As for my background, I think I could
tackle almost any Gnome-related project. :)

> could be to look into "GUI design towards the end user" This would be
> more theoretical and perhaps involve more of a literature study
> but could profit projects like Gnome very much. Helping to make a

There has been some discussion on this in the past, and I think the general
consensus was that the only thing that would benefit the Gnome project in the
UI area is small, incremental improvements in the UI.  A completely new UI
design, as ground-breaking and user-friendly as it may be, just isn't feasible.

That said, I don't think slight UI improvements will qualify as thesis work.
I'm sure heavy UI investigation and proposals would, but that sort of thing
isn't useful to Gnome at this point.

Thanks much for your feedback,
Jason.